Kreativ Blogger Award!
A nomination for a blog award?
Thanks go to Conrad at A Side of Writing for nominating me for this lovely, shiny award. The rules are simple: Nominate six other blogs to pass the torch to. And share ten things with your readers that they don’t already know about you. Let’s do the easy part first. People who I think deserve some serious Bloggage Recognition:
1. Shea MacLeod’s Everything’s Better With Dragons – For her multimedia giggle-fest of a blog.
2. Pete Denton’s Pete Denton – Writer – For Blogging about the trials of writers better than I do.
3. Laura’s Cyborg Seamstress – For her awesome costuming skills (For all you Cosplayers, Larpers and Steampunks out there).
4. Stacey’s Redwater Ramblings – For her excellent examples of poetry and prose.
5. Lindsey Sterling’s Music – For making me like the violin with her videos (Geeks, go find the Zelda themes vid. Incredible).
6. Constance Wallace’s Legends of Greenisle – For leaving great little stories lying around for me to read.
And now, the hard part. Ten things you don’t know about me…
1. I play guitar. Badly. So don’t ask me to post any videos/soundbytes of me playing.
2. My drawing (see some older posts for examples) was once used by a short-lived band, ironically named Misplaced Hopes for their Album cover.
3. The first story I ever tried to write (at age 13 or 14) was about a bumbling jester and his talking puppet. It was very similar to Terry Pratchett’s Discworld novels which I was reading at the time. I never finished it.
4. I’m constantly amazed when people like my writing. I actually think it’s pretty lousy, but I’m also very impressionable and fold under peer pressure so I continue to send things out. Only recently, with the acceptance of Greaveburn, have I gained any confidence in myself.
5. Despite my outward appearance, I’m a serious Rock fan. Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters (especially them), Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, KISS…I could go on forever.
6. Although I love writing Steampunk, I worry that with the release of Greaveburn (and with The Alan Shaw Chronicles in the pipeline) will get me typecast. I need to work on other things, too.
7. I’d love to write a movie, and have an idea called LARP: The Movie which I think has real potential. However, I find script writing incredibly hard.
8. I’m a major Geek (note the capital letter). Sci-Fi, Fantasy, anything wierd on tv or film. But my real geekness comes whenever I’m in the vacinity of a Comic Book shop. One of the only things I actually wanted to do when we went to New York City recently was visit a proper comic book store. How sad is that?
9. I don’t mind cheating…
10. I’m glad this list is over 😉
I know, I know, those last two were terrible and, if I think of something else, I’ll come back to you. Promise (crossed fingers).
But thanks for reading everyone, and thanks for the nomination, Conrad!